Tuesday 23 April 2013

Decision made


It has been my ambition to ride LEJOG for many years, but when, in 2011 my daughter, Stephanie and her soon to be husband, Arthur, completed the ride in stunningly good weather in early May I decided that my effort could be delayed no longer. Plus, now in my 60's, (OK,  I know, its the new 50's) I could not continue to take for granted that the ride was something I could put off until another year.  So, I bit the bullet, announced to all and sundry that I would do the ride (no going back after that) and started studying the maps.  

Taking the lead from Stephanie and Arthur I too decided to complete the ride in early May 2013, which is now just a couple of week away, so the decision to start this blog is a little late in the day, but the plan is to load updates daily from my smartphone, so providing family and friends news on progress, straight from the saddle, so to speak.